In the current Federal Institutions Act, the scope of the Federal Institute for Agricultural and Mining Economics includes cooperation in the preparation of the Green Report. The activities required for the preparation of the Green Report and the Farm Accountancy Data Network of the European Union (FADN) are defined in the form of work assignments within the framework of this long-term project and the assignments defined therein are carried out by the Federal Agency. In addition, the scientific basis for the Green Report and the FADN is being further developed.
This basic project includes both the annually recurring work and the scientific studies and statistical evaluations to be carried out at short notice.
Status of the project
The projections for 2019 (according to the 2016 agricultural structure survey and the 2013 standard output coefficient) were carried out in full (for all evaluations, precision calculations, etc.) at federal level. In cooperation with the state governments and chambers of agriculture, statistical evaluations of accounting results were carried out at the state level.
Within the framework of studies by the FIBL, special evaluations of voluntarily accounting farms were carried out separately for organic and conventionally managed farms. Two articles were written on this and published as part of the FIBL studies.
The sampling plan for the Farm Accountancy Data Network (FADN) was prepared.
As part of the recruitment of new accountancy holdings to supplement the test farm network, evaluations of the INVEKOS data were carried out by the Federal Institute for Agricultural Economics and Mining Research.
The tabular part of the Green Report and the economic evaluation of accounting results were prepared and published on the homepage of the Federal Institute of Agricultural Economics and Mining Research.
For the Green Report a wide variety of data analyses were carried out, processed and presented in the form of graphs and maps.
The food supply performance of Austrian agriculture was calculated and prepared for the Green Report. The calculation is to be updated every two years (the last update of the calculation was for the Green Report 2019).
The foreign trade data for agricultural products and foodstuffs were prepared.
For the years 2003 to 2018, projections for the LFAs according to Regulation 1305/2013 were carried out on the basis of the individual farm values submitted by the BMLRT.
Work in 2021
In 2021, the Federal Institute for Agricultural and Mining Research plans the following work for the Green Report and the FADN:
- Carrying out the projections of the 2020 accounting year based on the 2016 agricultural structure survey using the 2013 standard output coefficients.
- Calculation and presentation of the accuracy of the results of the primary statistical evaluations for the year 2020.
- Statistical evaluations of agricultural structure and agricultural support as well as maintenance of the underlying dataset.
- Evaluation of data, their analysis and presentation in the form of graphs or maps.
- Contribution on foreign trade in agricultural products and foodstuffs and scientific contributions of ongoing research projects.
- Updating of the calculation of the food supply performance of Austrian agriculture.
- Preparation of the tabular part of the Green Report and of the "Farm Management Report of the LBG Austria to the BMLRT" for the homepage of the Federal Institute of Agricultural Economics and Mining Research.
- Maintenance of the advertising database for the accounting enterprises.
- Analysis of weaknesses in farm advertising and cooperation in the implementation of the annual advertising plan for the accounting enterprises as well as conversion work with regard to the advertising database and advertising plan.
- Continuation of the cooperation with the provincial governments by calculating the statistical evaluations of accounting data in 2019 for the defined evaluation groups.
- Cooperation within the framework of the FADN (Farm Accountancy Data Network).
- Analysis of the effects of the new unit valuation based on data from farms keeping voluntary accounts and individual farm data from the Social Insurance Institution for Farmers.
- Back-calculation of the mountain farmer groups for the years 2003 to 2015, based on the individual farm data of the BMLRT.
- Statistical evaluations of the agricultural structure survey, if the individual farm data are available.